SCHAUMBURG – This fall, TMA’s Education Foundation granted $47,750 to area high schools to enrich and upgrade their machining courses with hopes of encouraging the next generation’s interest in manufacturing careers.
The Association’s members consistently share one of their biggest challenges is finding new talent. The U.S. manufacturing industry is facing a nationwide wave of retiring machinists and engineers.
In order to address those concerns, the Technology & Manufacturing Association is unique among industry associations as they offer an array of “gold standard” level industry training courses to help TMA members find skilled team members.
For many years, TMA members have made private contributions to their Education Foundation to promote the industry career path at high schools. As of this year, the Education Foundation has surpassed the $2 Million mark in awarding grants.
The Foundation helped Maine West High School buy a HAAS ST10 CNC lathe with a $32,750 grant, and Mundelein High School purchase a state-of-the-art desktop mill with a $15,000 grant after consideration of the high schools’ requests.
In late October, TMA Education Foundation Board member Jess Guidici and TMA Health Solutions’ President Jessica Pierce presented a $15,000 check to Mundelein High School (as pictured L to R below):
- Rich Stiles – Fine and Applied Arts Department Chair;
- Dr. Sarah Cacciatore -Deputy Superintendent of D75 and D120;
- Dr. Anthony Kroll – Assistant Superintendent of Specialized Programs;
- Dr. Alex Rios Taylor – Principal;
- Student 1 ;
- Student 2 ;
- Manny Aldana – Career and Technical Education Teacher;
- Jess Giudici – TMA Education Foundation Board Member;
- Jessica Pierce – President of TMA Health Solutions
In early November, TMA Education Foundation Board Chairman Bob Clifford was on hand to present the $32,750 grant to Maine West High School (as pictured L to R below):
- Samantha Archer, Department Chair : Career and Technical Education
- Bob Clifford, TMA Education Foundation Board Chairman
- Eileen Mcmahon, Principal
- Leigh McConnell, Director of TMA Training & Education
- Miguel Aguirre, Math Teacher
- Joseph Pederson, Career and Technical Education Teacher
- Michael Smith (all the way in the back) Mathematics Department Chair