Depression is a real obstacle in maximizing skills and abilities at the workplace. The wise employer is on the outlook for changes in their team members that indicate less enthusiasm, energy and joy in their tasks.
The realization that the team members spend a vast majority of their waking hours on the job is the first step in acknowledging the need to be preventative concerning workplace depression.
On their public blog, TMA affiliate Marketplace Chaplains offers five ways to prevent depression among employees. They include:
- Enlist assistance from Marketplace Chaplains
- Be proactive with communication
- Invest in a brighter workspace
- Hold company events outside of the office
- Bring nature to the office
It could be just that easy to dramatically alter the moods of your team members – and what could be more important?
Read more at Martketplace Chaplains’ blog HERE