Key Takeaways from August 2019 Jobs Report
The latest update on the health of the economy from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows another added 130,000 jobs in August, marking the 107th consecutive month of job growth. Also, the unemployment rate held steady at 3.7% near its lowest level in almost 50 years.
Julia Pollak of ZipRecruiter.com lists 5 key takeaways from the latest US Jobs Report:
1. Job growth has slowed, but remains healthy
2. Black unemployment has fallen to a record low
3. Four out of five working-age people are now employed
4. The fracking job boom appears to be over
5. E-commerce-related job growth more than offset retail losses, until now
Graphs and more details included at ZipRecruiter.com’s blog.