Welding companies’ merger good for customers and industry, presidents say
TMA member Kopp Welding & Laser Technology, Inc (Elk Grove, IL) is merging with Precision Tool Welding, Inc (Itasca, IL) on April 15, 2019. On that same day ALL operations will be consolidated and based at 991 Oakton St, Elk Grove under the new name Chicago Welding & Fabrication, Inc.
The merging companies presidents – Walt Kopp and Gary Wealther – point to several ways how the merger will benefit their longtime customers:
- All of our employees are being retained in their current roles – all familiar faces!
- The company will be ISO certified by the summer and All welders will be certified to ensure our high quality services exceed industry standards.
- The services we have provided you in the past will continue AND expand.
- Our newly renovated laser welding department will allow us to increase capacity with a new high-speed laser equipment and experienced operators.
- Our fabrication and assembly services will upgrade & expand to keep up with increased demand.
They’ll be celebrating the new company with an open house on May 17 from 3-6 pm .