Shutdown affects U.S. manufacturing via 7 non-functioning federal agencies
While a majority of the American public outside of the D.C. Beltway say they haven’t been affected by a budget dispute shutting down 25% of the U.S. Federal Government, the impact is beginning to grow.
Industry Week’s review of the federal departments affected by the shutdown lists seven agencies that are having an effect on the nation’s manufacturers:
- U.S Department of Commerce – specifically affecting tariff exclusions on steel and aluminum
- Court of International Trade
- U.S. Department of State: Directorate of Defense Trade Control
- U.S. Department of Treasury: Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- U.S. International Trade Commission
More on the government shutdown at Industry Week.