5 Reasons Manufacturing Still Matters
The International Monetary Fund recently released a report saying manufacturing isn’t as important to national economies as it once was. The service industry is what countries should focus on, the IMF report says.
- Economic development has (almost never) happened without industrialization.
- Manufacturing drives productivity growth and innovation.
- Manufacturing helps services.
- The manufacturing sector is larger than you think.
- The fourth industrial revolution is not stealing manufacturing jobs.
Read more about Hauge’s thesis and explanation of those five points on TheConversation website HERE.